If you are trying to increase your brand awareness, TikTok is where it’s at right now! Business promotion on TikTok is something I see all over my #fyp (“For You” Page). Everyone from Etsy sellers, artists, musicians, and, of course, social media marketers use TikTok to build their following.
Worldwide, TikTok has over 800 million active users and also just recently reached over one billion app downloads. TikTok offers direct sharing on other platforms, meaning you can share a video on TikTok and directly post it to Instagram or Snapchat. Every video automatically includes a TikTok watermark. Therefore, no matter where a TikTok video ends up, people will always know it came from TikTok which is increasing their brand awareness.
Optimize Your Profile and Bio
Does your TikTok profile have everything for viewers to easily navigate to your website or other platforms?
Linking your Instagram and Website
A lot of small businesses have their Instagram directly located on their profile to quickly navigate between profiles. Additionally, link your website directly in your bio! Note that this feature is a test and only some accounts automatically have it.
If your account does not have this feature, there is a simple way to obtain it:
- Click the three dots at the top of your profile page (Settings)
- Join TikTok Testers
- Download TestFlight app
- Follow the steps and join the beta
Linking Your Email
There is also an option to link your email in your bio. If someone clicks this button on your profile, it brings them to a brand new email page which is all set up for them to send you a direct email. This can ONLY be done if you are a “Business Account” on TikTok.
To obtain a business account you will need to go to:
- Manage account
- Switch to Pro Account
Content Ideas for TikTok
“Social media is about the people! Not about your business. Provide for the people and the people will provide for you.”
Create TikToks about your business that people actually want to see. The more they know about the “how,” “who, “where,” and “why,” the more interested they will be in your business and products. Show off your team or give a behind the scenes look into the making of your product. This is more personable and mentally engaging than just showcasing a product.
Meaningful connections will spark interest in the viewer about your business. Make your customers a part of your business family; ask them for feedback and create real life relationships to establish loyalty!
Engagement & Feedback
Understanding your customers’ feedback is a great way to enhance your TikTok content and overall product. Creating diverse content gives your viewers more of an open invitation to comment on your videos and feel included.
Whether the comments are positive or negative, it’s always a good idea to respond back and let your viewers know that you appreciate their feedback. This creates a real life human connection between your business and your customers.
- Respond to as many comments as possible
- Like as many comments as possible
- Comment on others TikToks to get your name out there
- Maybe you will receive a follow and gain a new customer 🙂
- Take notes on people’s suggestions and feedback and thank them
TikTok Ideas for Small Businesses
- Behind the scenes (processes, creations, services, etc)
- This will show your viewers exactly how you are creating a product and will make them feel more involved in the process. There’s nothing more satisfying than watching how something is made or put together. Remember the documentary television series How It’s Made? The feeling of watching that is the feeling you want to give.
- Example: With 2.4M million likes, I am sure this post made it to a lot of people’s #fyp. SRDcosmetics creates self-defense keychains that include pepper spray, window breaker/stabber, Chapstick holder, and a puffball. SRDcosmetics’ TikTok page does a fantastic job of showcasing their behind the scenes — specifically the packaging of orders, printing of shipping labels, post office shipping, restock announcements, and more. This creates a personal connection between the customer and business and establishes customer loyalty. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeJ5V4EC/
- List out and explain your products/services and how they could help your viewers
- By doing this, you are personally explaining your products to your viewers rather than listing them on a website for potential customers to read. With TikTok, you can talk up your products the way you want to, with your personality.
- How or why the product is being made or came about
- This puts an interesting or informational story in their head, making viewers feel more connected to the product.
- Share fun facts: How you came about your business name
- Providing your viewers with information like this will keep them interested and feel personally connected to your business.
- Introduce Yourself: Show the face of the business and who is involved
- Put a face to your brand. Could you imagine small business websites (about page) or social media pages without any faces? There would absolutely be no personal connection from the founder of the business to their potential customers.
TikTok is doing wonders for small businesses every day and it is not hard, so hop on the trend! It’s very essential for businesses to take these opportunities to increase brand awareness as much as possible, especially if it can be done in fun and creative ways. TikTok is proving its capabilities and social media is breaking records more and more everyday, we think it’s only right to hop on TikTok now if you want to increase your business’s brand awareness!
Read the full blog on My Pocket Partner.
My Pocket Partner wants to make it easier for you by taking on your workload so you can get back to growing your business. If you have more questions on what we can do to help your business, email us at email@example.com for customized solutions.